|October 3, 2013||Filled under Monthly Recap|
Now that we’re in October, it’s time to take a quick look back at September.
5 Events from September
1. I returned to “Single” status for the first time in six years.
2. I discovered my office building’s free gym and have started running on the treadmill again! I’ve also started looking for some gym workouts I can do since now I have access to actual equipment.
3. I became an official Maryland resident, again. I can’t say the two hours I spent at the MVA was a positive experience, nor was I pleased to pay $70+ for a new driver’s lisence, but at least the ordeal is over! (until my next move…)
4. I finally reconnected with some old friends from high school. I never thought I’d actually come back to Maryland and many of my friends have left, so I never tried very hard to maintain old high school friendships, but I’m thankful that there are some awesome people still in town that I can hang out with.
5. I went to the Maryland Renaissance Festival! I haven’t been in six years and I have seriously missed this incredible event. I love how the actors who work the fair really get into it. Every year there is a story that plays out as the season progresses, and since it focuses on the reign of King Henry VIII, every weekend he has a different wife! hah!
Total Miles Ran
Most Popular Post
I Can Change, Right? (September 6)
Books I Read This Month
A Picture from September
Here’s me in my RenFest gear. I’ve got my time traveling mug and my feathery headpiece!
3 Things I’m Looking Forward to in October
1. I can’t wait to spend more brisk mornings out on my deck, sipping my coffee, and curled up with a good book.
2. Let’s be real. I’m seriously excited about getting to wear my boots, scarves and sweaters everywhere I go. (Oh, and jumping in crunchy leaves!)
3. My next two races!! (Oct. 5 & 20)
1. Run 3-5 days at my office gym, with at least one long run on the weekends.
2. Fit blogging and writing more comfortably into my daily schedule (even if it means less relaxing after work).
3. Get fully prepped for NaNoWriMo in November, including convincing a few friends to participate with me. (Anybody interested? eh? eh?)
4. Cross the finish line at the Runner’s World Half Marathon – heh. (Wish me luck, I’ll need it.)
And a big CONGRATS to the winner of my OOFOS giveaway, Rachel P.!
What exciting things did you do in September?
What are you looking forward to about October?